Thursday 26 September 2013

# 20 products to change your life, for better or for worse #20 Skin Care The Lipstick Effect


(Illustration by : John Dodson)

Skin Care is a very personal choice, but highly lucrative for the companies selling their wares.
Even in this current climate, people are treating themselves to items AKA "The Lipstick effect" to cheer themselves up!

The UK Skin Care market was worth £2.1 billion in 2012, with Facial Skin Care doing particularly well in this climate of frugality. Interestingly enough Male Skin Care is on the rise and did very well.

So yes, they have our attention and it seems a good amount of our income too!!

When it comes to Skin Care there is a mine field of choice:

My Personal choices are:

Clarins 

Multi -Active day Moisturiser
Clarins define this as an early Wrinkle Correction cream for all skin types.





Multi Active Night Moisturiser
Clarins define this one as" Eight hours sleep in a jar"

The day cream and night cream are for a younger skin, but I find a lot of  hype relating to products for "older" mature skins and tend to try them out when Clarins is on gift ie: You buy some many
full sized products and get sample sizes or generous 15mls sizes as a gift. I always come back to the multi active range.

Cleansing Milk and Lotion
Just feel so good on the skin! No other reason!


Beauty Flash Balm - use this as an overnight mask whilst sleeping! But, it has more uses!



Special Offers here: Clarins

I am fairly biased towards Clarins as I visited the Paris HQ many years ago and we were treated like
Princesses!

I have been employed by Clarins as a Deputy Counter Manager, part employed by  Clarins and part employed by a nameless department store  Trafford Centre Manchester and I can honestly say never again. The company were great and the training was top notch, but the department store was without a doubt the worst place I ever had the misfortune to set foot inside, but that's a whole different post!

The Creme de la Creme

Is by Guerlain - Midnight Secret - the absolute best thing I have ever used on my face.
here
It really does do what it says, I haven't purchased this product for a good 6 years, but it certainly does what it claims to do.

I am not able to recommend the rest of this skin care range as it gave me a dreadful reaction.

DIY

THE best herbal beauty book that was ever out there, I grew up on this book and tried many a recipe.
This is the book responsible for me wish to and achieve a Beauty Therapy qualification
I shall be trying many a recipe again this winter now I have snagged a new old out of print copy!

Get yours here : Kitty Little

( Again all my own personal choices and no form of incentive received)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Madame salutes your for placing your comments: